I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Monday, March 8, 2010

Cheeky, the Crossover Language


Scene: Home from school for lunch

Faven: Mom, please can I have this? (box of Smarties)
Mom: No, you may not have that.
Faven: Mawm!  I’m hungry!
Mom: Faven, if you are still hungry, you may have fruit or vegetables.
Faven: (challenging) Okay… what? 
Mom: There are carrots, oranges, grapes….
Faven: (comes right over to me, face close to mine)  Please, wake up mom, I don’t like grapes.
Mom: (yawning and stretching) Okay, I am awake.
Faven: Mawm – me serious!
Mom: Faven, go to the fridge and show me a grape.
Faven goes to the fridge and takes out a carton of blueberries.
Mom:  Those are blueberries.
Faven looks at them, shrugs her shoulders and puts them back.  Next she pulls out a bag of grapes and holds that up.
Mom: Yes, those are grapes.
Faven: Ohhhhh…. I like grapes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment