I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Lighter Side


In the intensity of our living...... there is still lots of laughter.  Here are some of our lighter moments.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Lauren:  Mom, what does Bri-dal Bow-teak mean?
Mom:  Huh........ oh, Bridal Boutique, that is a store where they sell wedding dresses.
Lauren:  Yeah...... that would explaing the puffy white dresses in the window.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Wendy: Well, I found out some bad news today.
Ward: Oh, what was that?
Wendy:  Well, I found out that i wasn't born in the year of the Horse afterall!
Ward: Oh, but I thought you and Lauren were both horses.
Wendy: So, did I!  But Lauren wanted to know what Bumpy (grampa) and Isabel were, so we looked them up in the book.  While we were checking everybody's animal year again, i realized that the year of the Horse starts on January 20th, and i was, of course, born on the 14th.
Ward:  Oh, well what are you then?
Wendy: Well...... I am a snake.
Ward: (gulp)
Wendy:  But in Chinese mythology, the snake is capable of transformation, just like the caterpillar.
Ward: Oh, what will you be transforming into?
Wendy: A dragon.
Ward: Honey - you're already there!

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Yohannes:  Mom, do grown ups and computers know everything?
Mom: No
Yohannes: Oh.


✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Yesterday afternoon I had to take Faven to her team soccer pictures at our community centre.  All the girls were fooling around waiting for their turns.  I was standing with the parents, and updating them on the week's schedule, as i am the team manager.  I happened to glance over at Faven, and she had her head tipped back chugging a clear liquid,  from - a plastic Bacardi Breezer bottle!  Shocked, I hastened over, and asked her where she got the drink - she laughed at me and informed me that it was water.  After a hearty swig, I realized that is exactly what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment