I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Child's Responsibility


We were walking in the inner city hills, meandering towards the magic tree, when Yohannes stammered repeatedly.

“I want to…,” he started and stopped, “I want to …”  “I want to… OHH, I can’t remember!”
“Have many children?” I playfully asked.
“No, that’s not what I was thinking,” he said impatiently, “But of course I will have lots of kids,” he continued.
“Oh?” I said.
“Of course!” he enthused. “Imagine if you didn’t have any kids.”
Okay, I am imagining it.
“Who would entertain you?” he implored.

I turned to him and laughed, getting another glimpse into the workings of my child’s brain.



No comments:

Post a Comment