I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Thursday, February 9, 2012

California Coast

I just spent ten days on the coast of southern California, enjoying some non-parenting time. Here are a few words to share with you.  Wendy





couples walking
birds squawking
waves crashing 
friends laughing
beachfront chair
nothing to wear
dolphins play
birds of prey
shadows jumping
seamlessly bumping
children running free
that's how I wanna be
volleyball spike
long distance bike
stretching legs
homeless begs
naked toddlers 
wiggly waddlers
pelican glide
surfers ride
shine bright flowers
sand-strewn showers
sand in my toes
knowing, that knows

No comments:

Post a Comment