I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sleeping Together

Picture taken by Michéle L.

My mom has offered to come and look after our kids/pets/flyer route and home in January or February for a week or so, to give my husband and I a break from the daily grind that we occasionally refer to as hell-on-wheels!

I had told our girls about it, and they thought it was a good idea. “You should go”, they both said. Nice.

But when I spoke to Yohannes about the idea, he was less sure. Here is the conversation that we had.

“Yohannes, Grama said that she would come and stay with you guys for a week or ten days so that Dad and I can go away together”, I said.

He stared at me, puzzled, “Why would you want to do that?”

“Uhhh….so we can spend some time together—alone.”

“But you get to spend every single night together alone, sleeping.”

Good point! Cancel the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment