I am MOM

I am MOM
If I knew then what I know now . . .
"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: 'Checkout Time is 18 years.'"
Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Post Holiday Do's




The holidays are over.  The kids have gone back to school.  My husband has gone back to work.  Extended family has returned to whence they came (with sighs of relief, I think).  I am left here amidst the wreckage that once was our home.  Knowing that it may take hours to return the house to its previous splendor, I began the ritual of post-holiday cleaning with vigour. 

First, I polished off all of the left over christmas chocolate. 

After that was complete, I cleaned out the cookie jar and then washed those cookies down with a glass of eggnog (and Bacardi).

With the tree down, and the vacuuming complete, any presents left unattended were re-wrapped and hidden for next year!

Once the counters gleamed, the floors shone and the dishes were all put away, there was one last task to do.  I drained the left over wine bottles.

Now I fink I go van the clean.  (hiccup) 

No comments:

Post a Comment